Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tip of The Iceberg

STAN: Again, a fascination on my part to see how an artist imagines the characters I created. Whether Joe's take conforms to my personal vision or not is irrelevant; in the context of the graphic novel his interpretation is just as valid as mine. It's a bit like seeing an animated version of a favorite comic strip and finding that the voices aren't the way you always heard them in your head. (I'm thinking of something like Peanuts.) But although it might be different, it's still legitimate.


JOE: Here's just a fraction of all the Orcs faces I drew during the course of this project. Those familiar with Stan's novels might be able to pick out some of the individual orc officers, Stryke, Collia, Haskeer and Alfray.






No comments:

Post a Comment