Tuesday, September 13, 2011

More Coilla

STAN:  Coilla's my favourite character, too.  Or at least she's near the top of the list.  In fact, my female characters - like Shani Vanya in my Nightshade trilogy and Serrah Ardacris in the Quicksilver books (known as the Dreamtime trilogy in the US) are invariably my favorites.  I guess it says something about me that I favor feisty, independent females.  I even have a certain affection for Jennesta, the cruel sorceress who's the principal villain in the orcs novels.  She's also one of the few examples in my fiction of a character based on a real person.  Well, an amalgam of two people actually.  I'll leave you to speculate about some of the women I've known .  
 JOE:  One of the things I like most about Coilla is that not only is she hard as nails but she is also the most empathetic. She's the one band member that can put herself into another's shoes.
JOE:  A favorite sketch of mine. Coilla can even see the beauty in a caged harpy, an ugly, scaly and over-sized carrion bird.
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment