Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stryke One

JOE: First off, I apologize for the terrible pun, but Stryke will be the focus of the next three posts, he's Stan's main protagonists and dominates most of the drawing I did for this book. I'll have to go back a re-read my Orcs Omnibus, but I'm positive it has Stryke wielding a single handed sword and a dagger (of course for a normal human Stryke's sword would be a two-handed one). I gravitated toward this idea and there are hardly any drawings without a sword and dagger in his hands.


STAN: It's actually very hard to fight with a sword and dagger combination, given that the weapons are designed to do different things. Hell, it's hard enough just using a sword. Try it some time. In real life, sword fights would have been short, exhausting and brutal; the outcome depending more on endurance and ruthlessness than finesse. But although I try to stay somewhere on the side of reality, the spirit of Douglas Fairbanks, Errol Flynn, Robin Hood, Zorro and the Three Musketeers invariably creeps in. I make no apology for that. These are entertainments.







No comments:

Post a Comment